View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
alslgirl2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7275 View Post
If you are following the protein treatment with coconut oil how do you know it is the protein that is giving you the positive results? It could easily be either or the combination. Protein will take time to penetrate rather than simply adhering to the surface, you likely won't get much if any penetration over the duration of your shower.

Have you tried cutting back on the shea butter? That can build up which may cause frizz. Also are you using enough true conditioning agents/ emollients? Cationic surfactants and fatty alcohols help with clumping and frizz control, KCKT contains almost none of these, is there plenty in your Shea Moisture?
You are right, I really don't know which is giving me the results, the PT or the DT. I use IAGirls PT with the lazy application and just rinse out following shaving, but I don't wash it out. I'm pretty sure that my DT contains some really good cationic surfactants and fatty alcohols, but I have to double check the SM line, it is pretty heavy on the oils and shea which if I remember correctly do not fall in those categories. I definitely have some research to do!

CG Day 1: May 16, 2013

Poo: CJ Daily Fix Cleansing Condish (as needed)
CO: Tresemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth Condish
RO&LI: CJ Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil Daily Hair Condish
Styling: CJ Pattern Pusha or FSG, TRESemme Flawless Curls - Bouncy Curls Defining Gel, Giovanni LANaturals HardHold Gel (canopy only)
DT: CJ Curl Rehab, Coconut oil, SS Repairing PT

Techniques: Scrunch-n-pump, tshirt wrap
alslgirl2002 is offline   Reply With Quote