Hair type is relatively unimportant because it's transient depending on products, techniques, dewpoint, etc. It's properties that helps (and helps people give you advice.) I wouldn't make any suggestions without knowing your properties. My fine/low porosity hair doesn't like straight oil/butter, but does like them in well formulated products. I don't know the ingredients of the Aussie product. I'd read the ingredients carefully (as you should do with anything you put in your hair) before using it.

Clarifying shampoo will remove things, but you may be able to use a lowpoo. IMHO, wheat protein isn't the best. It's a cheap by product of manufacturing other products. Not sure which SM product you're using. I find that the Coconut Hibiscus line just sits on my hair and has to be washed out. Some protein molecules are too large to be absorbed, so you may not be getting the protein you think you are.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams