Agree with KathyMack, work with your hair properties and dew points/ humidity when choosing ingredients and products. Beneficial ingredients for damaged hair include hydrolysed protein, coconut oil, ceramides and panthenol. An imbalance of certain humectants (attract water) or occlusives (sealants/ barrier) ingredients can cause hair to flop.

Glycerin and/ or silicone in the Mixed Chicks could be causing an issue, amodimethicone resists build up tho so I don't think that is the main culprit. Shea butter can also build up and weigh thin or fine hair down. Interestingly Devacurl products also contain glycerin.

Are you sure your hair is 100% bone dry when you SOTC? Being crunchy doesn't necessarily denote dryness, some products or combinations go crunchy then soften up as they dry fully many hours later. Humectants will substantially slow drying time in certain climates and there are even more humectants (aloe vera and agave nectar) in your Curling Custard. Too many humectants could well be why your thin hair is taking so long to dry. Whilst protein is recommended for your hair, that can also act as a mild humectant but is good for curl boosting.

What you don't seem to be using much of is the basic ingredients of a leave in conditioner - emollients (fatty alcohols and cationic surfactants). These aid clumping and help the hair hold the right amount of water without acting as powerful humectants and keeping the hair 'over moisturised'.

Personally I would clarify, do a weak to moderate protein treatment such as the DIY gelatin, then switch to a more basic conditioner rich in emollients but low in humectants, possibly containing some protein. I would drop both the Shea Moisture and the Mixed Chicks but keep the Mixed Chicks and Curling Custard so you still have some humectants.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect

Last edited by Firefox7275; 07-11-2013 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Added red 'and'