I have been putting acrylic on mine for 22 yrs. I usually do it myself and it's second nature now. I keep the length short (but I don't have to; I could wear them at any length and in any shape) and my polish always looks good.

Back in high school I made this discovery of putting a few drops of KrazyGlue (not SuperGlue) in a bottle of clear nail polish and it made my nails rock hard and they grew to ridiculous lengths in no time. But then I ran out of the clear polish I'd been using, wrongly assumed any clear polish would work (it doesn't) and never experienced the same level of success w/ it. And eventually I discovered acrylic and never looked back.

Yeah, my nails were eggshells, too so I don't care that I have weakened them w/ the acrylic...they were already weak.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
Cool trick. Which brand was it that worked? Was it discontinued?
Originally Posted by The New Black

That's the thing...I just made a lucky guess and paid no attn. Then I tossed the bottle, thinking I could buy any other kind and have the same results. But I couldn't. And I had/have no idea what the original brand was. I must have had at least two bottles of the first one bc I was doing this for almost a year. My nails were sick and everyone was jealous. And this was before anyone in high school was getting acrylics or anything so I was the only one who had these superbad nails. OMG I wish I could remember the stuff I was using. I got the tip from a friend of mine modeling. She hadn't tried it...just told me she heard that glue in nail polish helps and I just stumbled upon this. But oh so many disasters afterward, experimenting w/ wrong polishes.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG