Are you recommending the Caitllin's or the SS Repairing? The SS Repairing ingredients are:

Distilled Water, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (and) Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Hydrolyzed Oats, Glyceryl Stearate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Glycol Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Protein, Panthenol, Keratin Amino Acids, Sodium PCA, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides (and) Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) leaf Extract (and) Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract (and) Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract (and) Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Olea europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol (and) Benzoic Acid (and) Dehydroacetic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Citric Acid.
Originally Posted by CurlyGrey3
I don't know who this question is being addressed to but I'll put in my 2 cents!

The Repairing Treatment is more like a PT... has protein higher up on the list. The Caitlin's Conditioner has protein, but a little further down on the list. You can use it as an RO, or even LI.... I believe Chupie just did her vlog on conditioner-only styling with Caitlin's Condish.

Of course you can use a PT as an RO. I've seen some coarser-haired curlies use ROs with protein in them as their PT (so a condish with less protein than either SS Repairing treatment or CJ Repair Me). They could use Caitlin's condish for instance as a PT. For my hair I need something more protein-rich for a PT.

It's not like there's a set this is DEFINITELY a PT or DEFINITELY an RO. You can use them interchangeably to a certain extent depending on what your hair needs. You have to scrutinize the ingredients for the protein and what form (hydrolized or non, amino acids) and in what concentration it is found in the conditioner. I'm sure other ingredients in the formulation will also contribute to how well the protein binds (or doesn't bind) to your hair.

Like in everything else, labels may not mean much. A lot of conditioners may say "strengthening" on them (CJ Beauticurls Strengthening a prime example) even when the protein in them isn't very much at all. For me, this conditioner would provide moisture but not much in terms of protein.

Another example. Shescentit Okra Reconstructor:

Aqua (water), aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, cetearyl alcohol, Okra extract, behentrimonium methosulfate, panthenol, hydrolyzed Keratin, hydrolyzed soy protein, Wheat amino acids, hemp seed oil, wheat Germ oil, Calendula, Sunflower extract, Sea Kelp extract, marshmallow, glycerin, rice protein, fragrance, Optiphen, Xanthan gum, citric acid.

^The website says to use it as a PT. I used it as a leave-in. No crunchies, no problem. As you can see it does have hydrolyzed keratin in it and I'm sure you can use it as a PT, but the keratin is the 7th ingredient so it's definitely not the strongest PT.

As a word of caution, there are very hardcore PTs out there like Aphogee 2 step, which should only be used as directed.

Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Magnesium Sulfate, Citric Acid, Ethylene Urea, Dimethylol Urea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Magnesium Carbonate, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance

^As you can see, hydrolized "animal" protein is the second ingredient.
fine - low/normal porosity - medium density - normal elasticity.

Currently using:
Cowash: Cure Care diluted with water 1:1
RO: Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime
Styler: UFD CM (old formula), FSG + CNPF
PT: IAgirl's gelatine

Experimenting with: no guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, gelatin gel

Recent findings: my hair likes Cure Care diluted with water as a cowash; does NOT like guar h.c.!

iherb discount code: CFN646