I have a best friend that I haven't seen in about 15 years and she lives 3 miles away. We've known each other since we were your age, but she had a type of emotional breakdown and will not answer my phone calls, emails, or knocks at her door. I let her know I still think of her, love her, and only want to talk to her and make sure she is ok, but she doesn't want me to see her. I keep trying, even though a lot of people who know me think I am crazy to continue. She will always be my best friend - so I definitely know how you feel. The only way I know she is still alive is that I have checked her mailbox and have seen mail addressed in her handwriting - so I know she still lives in the same rented house. Otherwise, it would be very hard to track her down and I would be checking the obits .
Just keep letting her know you how much you care!
Originally Posted by asugirl
This, I think is just really ****ty! It was done to me not that long ago and there is no excuse for it.

Emotional breakdown my ass. And I rarely throw around "selfish" to describe depressed and suicidal ppl. But that type of behavior is just rotten and borderline abusive.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
This is where I get to when I get angry - like I mentioned in the above post. If I didn't know my friend's past so well and know how messed up it was, I might not feel empathy, but I do and I am somewhat surprised that she is still here.