View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
BlackAngelPlayah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7275 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraSavannah View Post
Oh I'm definitely not doing so, but the "oils&greases" companies say are good for the scalp typically have petroleum in them, I was just imagining the women trying go do better for by only cowashing but still using petroleum filled grease.
The optimist in me says most people who learn about co-washing also learn not to believe any of the rubbish companies say in advertisements/ write on cosmetic packaging to induce you to purchase. Instead they start reading and researching ingredients lists. When I did I was all "WTF is that doing in there????"

Plus there is a lot of quality information out there on YouTube and forums about being curly/ natural/ gentle on hair, especially by African American ladies. And an increasing number of higher quality natural haircare lines marketed especially at those with kinky coily hair.

I'm probably being over optimistic about what percentage really do read ingredients tho!
I was totally disappointed when I learned about more natural ingredients and found that nearly all products marketed to curlies was full of silicone and ALL products marketed to Black people was just Vaseline in a pretty jar.

It's getting better now, but some still have horrible ingredients. And now to add insult to injury they cost way too much for the cheap ingredients they're using. SMH.

Anyway, I'd stay away from any heavy oil on my scalp if I wasn't going to lather up at least a few times a month.