I'm using Suave Tropical Coconut and Tresseme Naturals for my rinse out--I don't rinse it all the way...then scrunch out water, apply gel, and plop. Minimal touching
Originally Posted by crofterica
So do you co-wash with Suave or TN? I am just curious how you actually wash it. Also, I am high porosity, and I had a very similar problem with the frizz when wet. I stopped doing a RO because I realized I was adding too much moisture. I think, and this is not fully backed up with any scientific evidence, but the fact that high porosity easily takes in moisture, water, etc., that a rinse out isn't necessary. I think Co-washing, detangling, and rinsing out the conditioner (from detangling) is good enough for moisture. I am wondering if the Suave is the issue. The act of plopping, depending on the state of your hair (dry, soaking wet, etc.), could also be contributing to the frizz.
Here is the Suave ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Distearyldimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Propylene Gylcol, Silk Amino Acids, Honey (Mel), Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Extract, Rosemary (rosemarinus Officinalis) Extract, Coconut (Cocoa Nucifera) Extract

I also attached an article that some of the main ingredients in here are explained:
THE NATURAL HAVEN: Does conditioner or oil really need to penetrate hair?

Lastly, which LA looks do you use?
High Porosity, Fine, Thin Density, Low Elasticity
Co-wash, leave in, and gel: Alba botanica coconut cond., ogx mousse, &/or super wet look gel.
Curls