Suave followed by Tresemme might not be rich enough for your high porosity hair, I am high porosity and need plenty of leave in conditioner, it could be more important than gel for frizz control and clumping.

I never used to understand frizz when wet but occasionally I get it when I've used my protein rich/ oil free conditioner several washes in a row. I don't think the protein itself is the cause as such since it's giving me good hair much of the time, my hair seems to need a little oil in my routine.

Another possibility is that fifteen minutes is too long a plop, porous hair can dry out fast especially if you are not using a rich leave in conditioner but only water based products. I'm having best results with flour sack towels, takes out less water so doesn't overdry the hair. I also lightly scrunch out water with the towel more often than I plop so I can hit the wetter areas and leave the ones that tend to frizz.
Originally Posted by Firefox7275
Ditto on the shorter plop and flour sack towels. I plop for ten minutes or less--just long enough to get dressed and clean up the bath area. I used to plop lfor 20-30 minutes, but got a lot more frizz. The flour sack towels are great. I've had greatly reduced frizz since I started using them.
3a/b, F, normal porosity

Wash with either Suave Tropical Coconut, As I Am, or CJ Daily Fix
Condition with STC or Yes to Blueberries and detangle with Denman, rinse very lightly (baptismal rinse)
Add LAL gel, either Sport or Wet Look, scrunch with flour sack towel, and plop
Diffuse 5 minutes, then air dry