I've been battling explosive frizz when wet. It's almost like my hair is repelling itself - poor clumping and the ends of curls splay out. My hair was also very frizzy and hard/rough/dry feeling once it dried. Our dews have been around 70 for weeks.

I did a few things - clarified with a sulfate shampoo, did a moisture/oil DT, did a couple of gelatin PTs, and put a small amount of coconut oil in and let it soak in overnight. It felt like I couldn't get it to hold moisture no matter how much I fed it, and it was acting very porous.

My best luck was with the coconut oil overnight followed by the PT in the morning. My frizz is WAY down today. Well, I have normal "I got caught in the rain and humidity" frizz, but my hair is curling better and feels much better. My hair is almost too soft now (waves/curls still weak). I'm not sure what that's about, but my next attempt is to use a protein heavy conditioner on a regular basis and a moisture DT after another PT.
Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
Current favorites:
Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
Style: FSG, BRHG
Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285