So today I used YTC as my RO, JC Too Shea for a tiny bit of leave in and Jessicurl's oil to seal. I then used FSG and SM Soufflé. I really tried to consider balance...what do you think threw me off?
Originally Posted by WavyRoo
You look to have two to three sealers there, do you need that many? An oil plus two products containing shea butter, also shea is not really slippy it's more sticky and can build up so watch for that.

Do you need five products after you cleanse? The basic CG method is three. IMO the simpler your routine the easier it is to find balance and work out what is effective and what is not. Conditioners should primarily contain emollients (fatty alcohols and cationic surfactants, then either an oil, protein or humectant depending on hair properties.

If your styler is water based you might need something else to seal - that could be a rich conditioner containing oil it doesn't have to be a separate product - if your styler contains oils or butters many of us won't need any other sealer. Remember that the emollients and any proteins can also act as weak humectants,so they will help retain the right amount of moisture.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect