View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #13
curlytwirlykate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7275 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by allie.clark. View Post
I have super sensitive skin and get dermatitis flares on my scalp easily. I would like to suggest looking at your diet too. I'm allergic to bakers yeast and finally found out that that was causing my dermatitis flares on my scalp! I know it's weird, but I'm so relieved to have figured it out. I know there are other causes for me too but I never realized my diet would cause a scalp issue. O.o
Anyways, as far as products go, I use Kathy's family prairie therapy shampoo (for low poo) and conditioner. The AWESOME thing is this: if you are allergic to an ingredient, they will make a special batch without it, just for you! I also discovered that when you message them on their website, someone called me and offered a promo price. The website has the ingredients listed so you can take a look.
What doctors don't tell us is that
1. the genetic element of asthma/ eczema/ dermatitis/ hayfever is an increased risk not a guarantee you will suffer, or suffer badly
2. these issues are all inflammatory and down to an inappropriate immune response. Nutrition plays a MASSIVE role in inflammation and appropriate immune responses
3. there is research showing some people become completely asymptomatic with lifestyle modification.

I was blown away by the research showing the sheer power of nutrition to prevent, treat and even 'cure' in a huge range of health conditions when I was doing my last degree.
YES.

Shower Time!
Treat: EVCO
Co-Wash: DE Unscented Condish with added lavender and tea tree EOs
Condish: DE Coconut Condish with added local honey

Styling
After Shower: Homemade FSG with added gelatine

+ bi-weekly protein DIY treatments (gelatin and egg yolk)
+ mindful nutrition
curlytwirlykate is offline   Reply With Quote