I'm not so good with knowing my hair type but the Frizz Forecast says this:
How to Manage Pleasant Waves
This can be a tricky dew point range. You will have waves and curls, but you might start to experience some frizz. Skip mousses and hairsprays which contain alcohol and can cause the cuticle to swell up.

I think that my hair is medium width to fine. Naturally I think (my roots now for example) that my hair is medium, but for now it's fine due to damage. I also think that it's highly porous.

This was my hair before any bleaching or heat-damage, big difference, huh? Those were my waves when I just brushed them.

Do you think that this would be better conditioner(maybe for leaving-in?)? I am really bad at this, I can barely find silicones and sulfates from ingredients so I am no good..
Originally Posted by amaree
You will get there: it's a lot to take in initially, we will help as much as we can.

Sulphate surfactants always have the word 'sulphate', it's not part of a word but a word all by itself, usually the full name is three words something-lauryl-sulphate or something-laureth-sulphate. So magnesium sulphate is not a surfactant it's a salt!

Silicones have the suffix (end part of a word) -cone, -conol, -xane. If you are not sure just post up the full ingredients list and we can tell you what type of ingredients it contains. There are a few European curlies here who are helpful.
Ingredients Commonly Found in Hair Care Products

Given your humidity is on the higher end I would limit the major humectants (glycerin, honey, aloe vera, propylene glycol), so you can use a little but not high in the ingredients list. Use coconut oil to reduce porosity and increase elasticity, hydrolysed protein to strengthen and boost curl. Either one as a deep treatment or ingredient in conditioner.

My hair is quite porous and colour damaged, my hair is liking Schwarzkopf Gliss (Kur) Ultimate Volume conditioner which is CG friendly and reasonably priced in Europe. I am using it as a leave in, one of the other wavies is experimenting with it as a deep treatment. I also have to use something containing an oil - usually my deep conditioner - to get a balance.

Ingredients for the Gliss, embolded the panthenol and proteins "water, cetearyl alcohol, hydrolyzed collagen, panthenol, cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolyzed keratin, isopropyl myristate, behonoyl PG-trimonium chloride, citric acid, VP/VA copolymer, phenoxyethanol, behentrimonium chloride, sodium methylparaben, hexylene glycol, fragrance, polyquaternium-37, dicaprylyl carbonate, hexyl cinnamal, amyl cinnamal, limonene, linalool, benzyl salicylate."
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect

Last edited by Firefox7275; 07-15-2013 at 10:34 AM.