View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #48
Firefox7275

Quote:
Originally Posted by alslgirl2002 View Post
I think maybe I added too much protein in this last PT/DT, it feels just like your description - crispy and a lot like tangled dolls hair. I may lay off on the protein for a while. I have known for years that my hair doesn't really like protein in large amounts - I have always preferred "moisturizing" products versus "reconstructive" products except for rare occaisions following a particularly bad color job. I find that wierd given that my hair should be highly porous due to chemical and mechanical damage, so it should love protein, right? I think possibly I need to fork out the $80 for the detailed hair analysis.

One thing I also learned pre-CG is that my hair really doesn't like a ton of product in it. The problem with CG is that they push product in layers, and I can't seem to get that right. I need to back off for a while and just stick with condish only styling.
IMO protein loving/ sensitive is a spectrum - protein is wonderful for fine hairs and porous hair BUT it can be drying in excess, and porous hair is easily dried out. Balance is key for almost everyone.

Do be aware hydrolysed protein had two major roles - it can penetrate as far as the cortex and can coat the surface acting as a film former. There are slightly different effects from each.

My hair is currently loving a protein rich leave in almost every wash but it likes just a little oil in the mix, a few washes without any oil and I lose all the protein benefits. Balance! I don't think it's that my hair likes or dislikes the amount of protein, it just does like too much left on the surface drying it out, again that seems to work best in balance with emollients.

And for me the protein does not work at all with every styler, DISASTER with my favourite humectant (propylene glycol) rich gel. Individually great but so not together, I get frizz and lose the clumps. If conditioner only works for you go for it.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut
Treatments: Komaza Matani, coconut oil, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss ultimate volume, Inecto argan
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Experimenting with: going back to basics
Firefox7275 is offline   Reply With Quote