View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #51
alslgirl2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyGrey3 View Post
I I'm going through the same thing. Overnight my hair went from fantastic to terrible and I haven't been able to get back. I know the date - 6/26.It was great for my daughter's graduation, then became a mess. Today I was thinking I was glad it was back in pre-cg shape. My ends have been especially bad - hard and splaying out from each other. My hair has felt like I can't get it moisturized no matter what I do. I definitely feel like I'm starting over.

Since I found that the PT worked for me, I've been upping the protein. I think this weekend I'll clarify again, then do an hour PT followed by an hour DT. I plan to use a protein rich leave in every wash. I added some Npf to my leave-in the last couple of washes and it was better. I've switched to Renpure (red) as my daily conditioner and I've also tried Darcy Botanicals pumpkin. I ordered two Nature's Gate high protein conditioners from iherb and they should be here tomorrow.

I don't know if this was a product reaction, but if so, it could have been the DevaCare no poo or TN moisture as a leave-in. I won't be using either of those again.

I gave up on stylers for now. I don't want to confuse things I'm only using a LI out of the shower. I need to be able to gauge the health of my hair on a daily basis for now.

Anyway - I wanted you to know you're not alone!
I never knew it was going to be this difficult to find what works for me. I have committed to six months of this. Good thing I am the stubborn type who stick to something once I commit. Problem is that I suspect I will get it figured out then the weather will change on me!

CG Day 1: May 16, 2013

Poo: CJ Daily Fix Cleansing Condish (as needed)
CO: Tresemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth Condish
RO&LI: CJ Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil Daily Hair Condish
Styling: CJ Pattern Pusha or FSG, TRESemme Flawless Curls - Bouncy Curls Defining Gel, Giovanni LANaturals HardHold Gel (canopy only)
DT: CJ Curl Rehab, Coconut oil, SS Repairing PT

Techniques: Scrunch-n-pump, tshirt wrap
alslgirl2002 is offline   Reply With Quote