I've naturally very dry and chapped lips, to the extend that I often have to peel those dead skin away from my lips... Sometimes it gets too dry that it will bleed.. I've tried so many lip balms and Carmex so far serves my lips the best but it doesn't prevent chapping...

To overcome my chapping and dry lips issues, I actually exfoliate my lips on a daily basis... I used only my fingers and water to slowly rub the dead skin off... One better way is the use of Japanese toothpaste which has a whitening effect and the presence of mico-particles will exfoliate gently without aggravate the lips, giving my lips a pout and silky look. I do that at least once a week.

It's always a misconception that lips don't need moisturisers and often thought that a lip balm will do the job. It is so wrong. Most lip balms are rich in petroleum, oils and waxes, may it be natural or synthetic. Their function is not to moisturise, it only act as a barrier to prevent water lost. Before that prevention can be done, your lips need to be fed with moisture to moisturise and lock the moisture within before applying the lip balm to seal it... This is what I've learned from a skin care expert from Taiwan. I'm currently using Hada Loba Hyaluronic Acid Lotion everyday as part of my skin-care regime. After a month of moisturising, my lips no longer chap and the need to peel skin off my lips is getting lesser and lesser.

It's usually not the best lip balm that will work, it's always the managing and taking care part that matters.
Digitally permed using ATS with Korean Wave Master Digital Perm... Proudly permed & styled by a family of Taiwanese hair & image stylists...

Visit my blog at www.katsigner.blogspot.com