I think maybe I added too much protein in this last PT/DT, it feels just like your description - crispy and a lot like tangled dolls hair. I may lay off on the protein for a while. I have known for years that my hair doesn't really like protein in large amounts - I have always preferred "moisturizing" products versus "reconstructive" products except for rare occaisions following a particularly bad color job. I find that wierd given that my hair should be highly porous due to chemical and mechanical damage, so it should love protein, right? I think possibly I need to fork out the $80 for the detailed hair analysis.
Originally Posted by alslgirl2002
It's very possible that it was too much protein for you, especially since overnight, but if you are truly damaged you will need some protein.... maybe not regularly but definitely a lighter PT every once in a while. By the sounds of it, you're probably one of those that HAS to do a DT after every PT.
fine - normal porosity*?- medium density - normal elasticity. Hard water. SoCal.
*Used to be low-porosity, but I lightened my hair 1-2 shades, so I may be normal-porosity now.

New climate! Current favorites:
Low-poo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Giovanni SaS
RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
Styler: UFD CM (old formula), FSG + CNPF
PT: CJ Repair Me, IAgirl's gelatine

Experimenting with: JC Confident Coils, JC Rockin Ringlets, CJ CIAB, gelatin gel

iherb discount code: CFN646