So i wanted to do something crazy a few months ago and i cut my hair to shoulder length. I loved it it was easy to style.If i wanted it straight i didnt needed to use a lot of heat and it still looked cool if i came out of the shower with my curly hair. So i wanted to get rid of the in between length so i cut it again this time collarbone length and my curly looks afwful (i wanted to get rid of the layers) so i had to cut it even. My hair used to be long but it was damaged because it just wouldnt grow anymore so i was bored and i wanted a change..... and now i regret it. I regret that i cut it layers and that i cant really wear my hair curly anymore. I definity cut my hair a few inches off (let's 10 cm) 5 motnhs ago and it grew 6 cm back but what is really depressing me is that i need to start over again.....i feel ugly with those layers. I dont hate my shorter hair i actually love it and i dont want it really long again (that is not what im going for) but i was seriously hyperventilating because i want to model and i cant if my hair is a mess. I always sabotage myself. Now i want to grow back 5 cm in 2 month and its summer so i know it grows faster in the summer. What can i do to make it grow back faster. i seriously cant eat or sleep because im so depressed about this. My looks are important to e because i want to model. And my hair only looks great when i straighten it but i know that straightening is not good so i minimize it to 1 every 2 weeks. My hairtype is 3b. Im so depressed over this.....i even hyperventalited because i felt so hopeless....what can i do. When my hair was long it would not grow! i even stopped using heat on for 8 months straight and its still looked and felt tangly and stringly and it would never grow past my boobs....like ever. So i had to cut it off but this time i cut it too short and in layers....Im so so so sad. LITERALLY sick to my stomach. I dont want it back long because my hair was just too thin when i straightened it and lifeless but i would liketo have right above my boobs....i think that will look the prettiest on me and the fullest. So im not asking for much.

Thank you so much
Originally Posted by Lovely2606
First of all, try to stop stressing. It's hair. It will grow back. And you are more than your hair. I'm sure if you're wanting to model and are confident in that endeavor that you're quite pretty. And I believe hair at any length can be styled to look presentable. Go talk to a stylist: obviously one specializing in curly hair and with GOOD reviews (check this site and yelp). They might be able to cut or style it in such a way that it's cute at your current length and they also can shape it in such a way that it'll grow out nicely. If you don't know your properties already (how thick your hair is --coarse, medium or fine-- and how porous or elastic) it is you should find out because that's way more important than curl pattern.

livecurlylivefree.com

Then you'll be able to choose products that suit your hair. Just bc your hair is short doesn't mean it should be frizzy or messy. What are you using to style now and what is your routine?

Finally, if you want your hair to grow back faster, the best thing is to take care of yourself, both physically and mentally. If you don't already, exercise at least 3 times a week to increase blood flow and oxygen. I've been taking hair skin vitamins that I think are helping. Drink plenty of water. A good eight glasses a day is the general rule of thumb. A well balanced diet that does not consist of too much white bread, red meat, or sugar. Get your omega-3 fatty acids so that whatever hair does grow in is stronger. Also might want to look into castor oil application to the scalp for hair growth. And although some people don't have a problem with them, I'd try and avoid silicones and sulfates for the overall health of your hair and to reduce hair loss.

You know a picture would be super helpful too. (You can white out your face with photoshop if you want.) Sometimes people think their hair looks awful but it actually looks quite cute. We get that a lot on the forum. I'm worried you say you can't eat or sleep because of your hair. Is there anything else going on in your life that might be inducing stress or is it just this? Because if it's simply your hair, well, here's what I do whenever I feel strange about my hair. I remind myself that I'm young and I'm blessed to even have it. I'm blessed that it's thick. And I'm blessed that it's curly. Besides, curly hair makes you look younger, it will give you an edge in modeling because it's more versatile, and, let's be honest, it's more fun.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG