Old 07-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #31
Janicke31

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlytwirlykate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavydaze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7275 View Post
others can give me horrible tiny stringlets when wet that join together into soft bouncy ringlets when they dry
Tell me MORE!
Hahaha!

I get this, and it's my absolute favourite way to style my hair! I've been focusing on clumps with a strong-hold gel for a few months now, but this thread inspired me to go back to my usual styling routine:

Scrunch out excess water with a t-shirt
Plop for about 10 minutes with the same t-shirt
Gently scrunch in Desert Essence's Shine and Define Lotion to the tips ONLY! DO NOT TOUCH THE ROOTS.

It was a stringy mess while wet. Like, terrible. I refused to leave my house and seriously contemplated wetting it all again.

But when it dried (which took 30 minutes instead of the 3 hours it takes with gel), my hair looked fab. Bouncy, lots of volume, fun ringlets, and something closer to my normal curl pattern (3A... with gel/clumping, I've been more of a 2B/2C).

So. I don't have loose waves, but I'm also finding that clumping does NOT give me the desired results!
Kate, the only product you put in is the desert essence?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using CurlTalk App

Currently using but not sure if i'm loving:

Lo-poo: SM yucca
Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
LI: SM yucca Milk, Suave Naturals Coconut
Gel: LA Looks Mega Hold (Green), LA Looks NutraCurl with Avocado

Sometimes I pixie diffuse, Always towel turban, Finally stopped touching while wet , Always SOTC, lose curl definition and get frizzy after a few hours.

Live in Miami where it's really HUMID
Janicke31 is offline   Reply With Quote