View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #14
di46205

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisab123065 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by di46205 View Post
This is all we had growing up. No one used conditioners and such. There was no burned hair or heat damage. I didn't start having trouble with my hair until I started reading natural hair blogs. This is the second time I am transitioning and I'm going back to what worked for me.
ITA. My mom did'nt use ANY conditioner in my hair. She used Prell Shampoo, Blue Magic grease and heat..My hair NEVER had heat damage and it grew past my shoulders...I don't understand for the life of me, why all of a sudden is everybody trippin over using grease...The stuff has been around for many decades with no problems. Longer then the shea butters and oil crap that only last in my hair one day then its dry as a desert. I think in my honest opinon its the shampoo. I use a clarifying shampoo weekly to rid the hair and scalp of any weekly grease and my hair is clean to start the process all over again, without any build up..I have not had any problems with grease..That is my only moisturizer and my hair is doing good So peace, love and hairgrease.
Sometimes I think some of our inexperience and ignorance about haircare has been used by some people to make money.
di46205 is offline   Reply With Quote