View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 03:03 AM   #1
rapunzel4ever

Question My hair is puzzled and needs help!

Since the moisture vs. conditioning thread I tried to fix my hair. I figured that my hair needed moisture and not more conditioning... but now it seems that EVERYTHING is building up on my hair!
I really need your thoughts on this, because I'm completely puzzled!

Kathymack suggested the possibility for polyquat build-up, so I clarified with a SLES-poo and left out any PQ. But I still kept the frizz when wet!

My hair felt extremely dry today so I washed with a bit of Aubrey Swimmers, because it is said to remove any other kind of buid-up (like from what is in the water) and is soft on your hair at the same time. My hair felt dry on application and after that I conditioned my hair with Aubrey GPB protein co. I left it on my hair for 15 min. My hair felt really soft after that, but after rinsing out the ends felt really dry again.
Then I tried a couple of conditioners that I rinsed out one after another because they all gave me frizz, even coconut oil made my hair dry on application while it usually enhances clumping (what about that?!).
I rinsed with a mild acv. Used the GPB for Li and a non-sticky humectant free gel to get the clumps going. Then my hair looked a bit better. Now my hair's in a plop..

I don't know what to use anymore to moisturize my hair?? It seems I am getting build-up (from water itself even!) and so I have read almost every thread and article about ingredients, but it made me confused even more. One article states that a certain kind of ingredient works well for cleaning purpose and the other says that it builds up.
But every products contains one or more of these ingredients, like polyquats, cetrimonium chloride or behentrimonium chloride, oils/butters etc!

Dewpoints are tricky at the moment, between 55-62F
RO: Motions CPR Li, Inecto Cocos co, AO GPB, KCTT
acv-rinse, sometimes honey-rinse
LI: coconut oil (winter), CJBC-LI
Styling: AVG, Etos Solid Power Gel, Taft gel, CJPP
, JCCC, BRHG
Plopping~Pixiecurl diffuse~clipping
KrullenWijzer.blogspot.nl
rapunzel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote