View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
JessMess

Default I'm just thinking about showers

Since I broke my foot I've been washing my hair in the tub (I did get a shower stool but I'm pretty clumsy with it and on hair-washing days I've found the ol' tub method to work better.) I can't say I've noticed a huge difference in my hair, but it has got me thinking...

Since teenagerhood, I've always had a frizzy canopy and silky underlayer--had pretty straight, silky hair as a child. I know it was partly just hormones/maturity that changed me, but it's also making me suspicious because that's also when I started to shower regularly and wash my hair daily.

Do you suppose drenching your hair in still water--where there's no water beating down on your canopy--and rinsing in water that has some lingering conditioner in it--could be better for your hair? Kids--who pretty much use this method--always seem to have nicer, healthier hair. Maybe this is partly why?

This frizzed-out, I-didn't-even-know-my-hair-was-curly problem also seems to be sort of a modern development, which I'm sure has more to do with hair-care products than anything else, but maybe it also has something to do with the dramatic increase of showers in homes after WWII?

Should CGers be washing in the tub? Is there already a thread about this somewhere? LOL.
CO & RO: Tresemme Naturals Moisture
Sealer: Olive oil
Leave-in/Styler: Kinky Curly Knot Today
DT: olive oil and honey
JessMess is offline   Reply With Quote