Hmmmmmm, I have no idea what Deva actually has. I just looked at the labels and saw protein this, protein that. But it could mean something totally different than just being protein. If there's one thing I know about the journey to HGs, it's that I know nothing about what ingredient lists really mean!

In terms of particular Deva products, I use Low-Poo once in a while, One Condition (hair loves it) and for a while I was all about the AnGel but I had to use so much of it to get enough hold & frizz control that I moved on. And I used the Deva spray gel til I ran out & switched to Jessicurl Gelebration.

One time in winter I tried to DC in the shower with coconut oil and my hair acted like I hadn't put anything in it. When I diffused, I got split ends. But that was on wet hair, which wasn't your question! I could try it again in dry hair, since I've still got half a pot somewhere in the back of my cabinets.
Presumably to do it in dry hair I should wash and let dry without product?

I don't think I have too much damage. I don't color my hair. Since it's summer I might have some UV damage, as I get a couple hours of sun every weekend. As for heat, up til May I was diffusing every time I washed. I had a big chop last month and haven't diffused since then.

Admittedly I haven't been methodical about this at all - I found my hair frizzed a lot after some conditiony things, but I didn't check dews or take note whether they were PTs or DCs. Just threw Curl Junkie samples into my hair and had better and worse hair days But I knew right away that CCCCL and Daily Fix were keepers!

Seems my next steps are to try a PT and to try coconut oil in dry hair, and see what happens... yeah? Thanks for your help
2c, med-coarse, dense, high-med elasticity and still working out my porosity. Living in hard-water Germany.

Still learning the HGs. Latest faves:
Washing with KC Come Clean or CJ Daily Fix
Conditioner Deva OneC, Darcy's Pumpkin Seed
Goin' Deep: CJ Curl Rehab
Loving a good prepoo with coconut oil
Styling with CJ CCCC Lite, KCCC, BRHG, and a spray gel (Fructis, JC Gelebration)

Second-third-day savers: Curl Fuel overnight and KCSS in the morning!