1. Oil is not preventing frizz, or defining my curls. It may be making them softer but I dont need that.
2. The humidity here is high and it is near 90 degrees.
3. The acronyms are Shea Moisture Moisture Retention, Coconut Hibiscus (shampoos); TN is Tresemme Naturals conditioner.
4. Both styling products have propylene Glycol; its in the middle of the list of ingredients in the gel; toward the end of the list in the foam.

5. No honey or aloe in either styling product; there may be some in the conditioner but I doubt that is the problem because I have low porosity hair, medium, coarse.

comments appreciated.
Originally Posted by Myrna
You have low porosity hair but it's permanently dyed? That is unusual, are you sure, could it have changed somewhat? Is the canopy possibly sun damaged, that would increase porosity there.

I would lose the propylene glycol in such high dews. There is aloe vera in the Tresemme Naturals I think and in the Shea Moisture shampoos, tho hopefully not enough to make a difference since it is washed out.

I wonder if you need a richer conditioner, not necessarily heavier. Something without humectants but plenty of fatty alcohols and a little natural oil as these ingredients can increase clumping and capillary adhesion. Oil within a conditioner base is much easier to distribute without getting the greasies than when used straight up. Shea butter can build up for some people as can cetyl esters.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect