Ok, so regular ACV is a no go. I'm just getting frustrated and I want to give up. My hair was super curly (for me) after the protein treatment but its only ok athe day I wash. I cannot get 2nd day hair. Even if I pineapple, my curls are too loose and come out easy. Then I spray water and I've tried different products, to no avail. A tiny bit of coconut oil makes my hair feel greasy and weighs it down, i have shea moisture spray, and when I use that I do get some curl definition (not as good as day one) but it gets crunchy and a bit stringy but it wont scrunch out later. I'm not sure what else to try or if I'm just one of those people that can't do second day hair.
Originally Posted by allie.clark.
Aw don't give up look at the bigger picture, you gave commercial haircare products and techniques years of your life and $$$ from your wallet right? You also took months or years to get to this level of damage/ porosity right? You have difficult hair and high dews, that is a tough combination but you know more already than most people about haircare.

You know hydrolysed protein has had a positive effect so stick with it, try longer or more frequent treatments or with heat, try a protein rich leave in conditioner. No 'repair' is permanent unfortunately, anything that penetrates diffuses in slowly and in small amounts so it is going to take perseverance and repetition. Also do coconut oil soaks on dry hair as a pre wash as in the published research, it's very difficult to use straight up as a leave in.

You might not get decent second day hair whilst you still have a lot of porosity and damage, I certainly didn't. Maybe look on YouTube for ideas on wavy up dos or purchase the book 'Strictly Curls'. As your hair gets healthier and the old damage grows out and the porosity reduces your hair should become easier to manage.

Firefox, to answer your question. No, the Giovanni sea kelp does not say bioferment but extract, but from what i have been reading it seems likely that it has still gone through the fermentation process when put in cosmetics, and hair care products. Some sites list them as interchangeable. I cannot say for certain unless I would actually call Giovanni. I would like to add that it is the deep moisture conditioner that contains it, no the regular.
Originally Posted by allie.clark.
Extract may be the same thing yes.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect

Last edited by Firefox7275; 07-19-2013 at 08:47 AM.