I love curly hair and I would love for mine to be beautiful, strong, and healthy... but on the contrary, it is always crown frizz, poofy semi-defined curls, and gradual puffing up throughout the day.

I follow the CG method, cowash, rinse-out and detangling while hair is heavily conditioned. I use the super soaker technique and use the SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, then Herbal Essences Set Me Up mousse. After the product is in my hair, I use a microfiber towel to scrunch/dry it enough for me to put on my clothes without water dripping down my back and let it air dry from there.

While it's drying it looks pretty and defined! Then it dries and gets poofy and frizzes up. I use very moisturizing products (listed in signature) so what's the issue here? Is my hair just adjusting or...?

Thanks. <3
Originally Posted by MissMcKenna

IMO, not a lot of your products are very moisturizing. The SM smoothie is mostly shea butter which acts as a sealant, rather than a moisturizer. So you might need something more to actually moisturize your hair such as a better leave in. I would suggest something with more fatty alcohols. If you want to use the smoothie, I would suggest putting it on last. Also, it could be the reason for build-up which could be pertaining to the frizz and your V05 isn't strong enough to wash it out.

Here are the ingredients to the mousse:

Water, Isobutane, Propane, Polyquaternium 4, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract (Cactus), Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, C9 11 Pareth 8, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid

The Polyquat 4 that I bolded, tends to be prone to build-up. Thus, your V05 isn't strong enough to wash out which could also be pertaining to this frizz.
High Porosity, Fine, Thin Density, Low Elasticity
Co-wash, leave in, and gel: Alba botanica coconut cond., ogx mousse, &/or super wet look gel.
Curls