I love curly hair and I would love for mine to be beautiful, strong, and healthy... but on the contrary, it is always crown frizz, poofy semi-defined curls, and gradual puffing up throughout the day.

I follow the CG method, cowash, rinse-out and detangling while hair is heavily conditioned. I use the super soaker technique and use the SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, then Herbal Essences Set Me Up mousse. After the product is in my hair, I use a microfiber towel to scrunch/dry it enough for me to put on my clothes without water dripping down my back and let it air dry from there.

While it's drying it looks pretty and defined! Then it dries and gets poofy and frizzes up. I use very moisturizing products (listed in signature) so what's the issue here? Is my hair just adjusting or...?

Thanks. <3
Originally Posted by MissMcKenna
So you use two styling products and no leave in conditioner? That could be your problem, you are not using enough fatty alcohols and cationic surfactants (the main emollients).

Are your products moisturising (rich in emollients and humectants)? They look more heavy/ sealing (rich in occlusives or anti-humectants) to me. Moisturising means adding or increasing water, butters and oils repel water.

For high porosity, low elasticity hair do more coconut oil soaks on dry hair - that penetrates, shea butter does not penetrate and can build up. For strength use more hydrolysed protein.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect

Last edited by Firefox7275; 07-20-2013 at 07:55 AM.