Do you brush or comb it when it's dry? The general rule of thumb is that curly hair should only be brushed when it's covered in conditioner during the shower process.

You might not be using enough moisture. How often do you shampoo it? You might want to try a very moisturizing conditioner. I personally like Yes to Carrots. Greater Value Products Conditioning Balm at Sallys is really popular here, and so is Tressume Naturals.

Also, what is her shower routine? I mean step by step, how are you guys styling her hair after a shower. Does she use any products? How does she dry her hair? Is she using a towel to dry her hair? Is she scrunching it? Do you use a leave in conditioner? Just, reply with the whole thing so we can help out with tips.r

ETA: It sounds to me, from the products you've listed, that her hair is not getting enough moisture. So, when you reply back I'm probably going to suggest a heavier conditioner and using that same heavy conditioner as a leave in. Any conditioner can be used as a leave in, and the ones you buy that are marketed as leave ins (especially watery spray kinds) just are not heavy enough for my hair.
Fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity. Dyed to brown a few months ago.
Lowpoo:
Trader Joe's TTT Shampoo
Rinse Out:
Yes to Carrots, AOHR, Aubrey Organics Rosemary Peppermint
LI: Yes to Carrots
Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, LA Looks Sports, Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Mousse

Last edited by rainboe; 07-20-2013 at 06:49 PM.