Yes, watching Meza's routine made me arms strangely tired. I can never spend more than 5 min applying products or ten blowdrying. But perhaps I would if I could go four to five days without having to wash my hair. But I like to run and bounce around a bit so. . . no dice. It's easy enough for me to wash my hair every other day.

The gel I used this time was CJ Pattern Pusha. It has a few humectants (panthenol and propylene glycol) though and I don't know if it would work out in 60-70 dew points. . . But I really like it. It's a very light hold on me and it doesn't give me crunch. I think the corn starch in it helps me hair clump nicely too.

I have to second pianogrrl's advice about the comb. I fix my part with my fingers too. I often switch it up on second and third day hair (switch sides of the head) for extra root volume. I know you wash everyday though.

That is so interesting about your roots. Tell me something guys, do you think dying the roots raises the porosity there a bit and makes the hair poofier? Sounds bizarre but my hair quite poofy and it's also quite porous. When I used to dye it my hair was even more prone to volume and frizz. . . When are you due to dye, Myrna? Again I know you don't like the metal thingies but I ordered some deva clips recently which are supposed to be bigger and sturdier so I'll do a review of how they work out. When I cross clip right at the roots and part I always get more root volume and root curl. Well, I say root curl--it's more of a root wave.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG