Thanks for talking me through this. I do see what you mean between a DC and a DT.

I already plop into a bike helmet twice a day; adding a hat or buff as soon as the helmet comes off seems like I'll just invite the frizz, smush and/or kink up my 2b/c canopy, and not really get a chance to show my hair to the light of day. And at that point, what's the point of styling?

I am being a grump because 1) it's close to lunchtime & I'm hungry and 2) -please read my HUGE self-effacing wink here- what you're saying seems like it's gonna take the curly fun out of my summer. the truth hurts, eh?

clearly, the best sun protection is to block the rays entirely rather than to rely on products, same for hair as for skin. I just wish it wasn't so. Still trying to find SOME product that will help a bit against the sun, that I can get my hands on here in Germany. nearly all the DE and NL webshops are out of the Jessicurl and CJ that I like, am low on, and would justify ordering some unknown products to try out.
2c, med-coarse, dense, high-med elasticity and still working out my porosity. Living in hard-water Germany.

Still learning the HGs. Latest faves:
Washing with KC Come Clean or CJ Daily Fix
Conditioner Deva OneC, Darcy's Pumpkin Seed
Goin' Deep: CJ Curl Rehab
Loving a good prepoo with coconut oil
Styling with CJ CCCC Lite, KCCC, BRHG, and a spray gel (Fructis, JC Gelebration)

Second-third-day savers: Curl Fuel overnight and KCSS in the morning!