I've been getting Pravanna Keratin Treatments for about 1.5 years and I'm delighted with the product and process. My hair (natural state) is unruly wavy, coarse, and wiry -- and will frizz in a minute. With the Pravanna treatment I have sleek, straight hair that moves when I move my head! I was anxious about the results the first time because I had no idea what to expect. The instructions I rec'd were to leave the product in as long as possible after the flat ironing. Not washing my stiff, broom-like hair for 4 days was difficult and uncomfortable, but the payback was that I got a good 6 months out of the first treatment. Subsequent treatments have lasted almost as long but my hair's sheen and bounce has improved with each treatment. Not a great smell at first, but not cat pee (I have cats and know the difference!).
Critical to use non-sulfate shampoos to protect the treatment. Pravanna shampoo and conditioner are expensive and I didn't like the smell. I've been using WEN (infomerical stuff) and I'm very satisfied.
The better your stylist does the flat ironing, the better results you'll have. If you have a particular place where you part your hair, make sure it's flat ironed that way. On my first treatment, my hair was parted in the middle (I usually part on the side) and I had to fight the middle part for 6 months.
If you color your hair, do color after the keratin treatment. The keratin will strip color by 2-3 shades.
Hope you have equal success with your Pravanna treatment.