Not sure if this would work for you, but I blowdry with my finger clamped down on the cool shot button the entire time and with the settings on "low" and "cool" to begin with. So my hair isn't exposed to any heat. Before I was just clicking the cold shot button every five seconds but now I just hold that sucker down. Oh, I've read about the Aruba, too. I love Nora Ephron. I think that was the last book she published before she passed away. (Funny sidenote--my father has an Aruba on the back of his head and my mother doesn't. She actually has more hair than me. Ahh, the irony. So every time a gust of wind hits my dad I remember Nora and want to giggle.) I don't use any different products when I diffuse. I rotate my products as best I can usually and it doesn't seem to make a difference so long as I'm pixieing. My diffuser has fingers though. They don't seem to cause any disturbance, thank goodness.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG