I'm not quite sure what exactly you're looking for me to tell you as far as characteristics go. The only things I know for sure are that I'm medium porosity and medium texture. I'm not sure what else I need to know/find out. I did condition with coconut oil the other day and my hair ended up softer than ever before. I understand that's around a 5.5-7 on the ph scale
Originally Posted by CurlyMan82
Sorry, I didn't see that. Other properties are density and elasticity. If your hair is medium/medium and in good shape--you should be able to use most anything.

My hair doesn't care for straight oil/butter--so no straight coconut oil or hot oil treatments for me. I'd go for well formulated products. Depending on where you live, and dewpoints, you'll want to choose your products accordingly.

I know your goal is to stop the shrinkage. IMHO, a better goal would be to have well moisturized, defined curls. To each his own.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC