View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #10
CurlyMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyMan82 View Post
I'm not quite sure what exactly you're looking for me to tell you as far as characteristics go. The only things I know for sure are that I'm medium porosity and medium texture. I'm not sure what else I need to know/find out. I did condition with coconut oil the other day and my hair ended up softer than ever before. I understand that's around a 5.5-7 on the ph scale
Sorry, I didn't see that. Other properties are density and elasticity. If your hair is medium/medium and in good shape--you should be able to use most anything.

My hair doesn't care for straight oil/butter--so no straight coconut oil or hot oil treatments for me. I'd go for well formulated products. Depending on where you live, and dewpoints, you'll want to choose your products accordingly.

I know your goal is to stop the shrinkage. IMHO, a better goal would be to have well moisturized, defined curls. To each his own.
Oh, alright. I looked a couple of things up, and it looks like I have high density. As for elasticity, I followed this rule:

"To check the elasticity of your hair, wet a single strand, then stretch it to 50% of its original length. If it bounces back to its original length without breaking, you have normal elasticity. If it does not return to its original length or breaks, you have low elasticity."

I'm not exactly sure what they mean by %50, but, given I did it right, it means that I have low elasticity.
CurlyMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote