Hi there,

I'm only an occasional user of the board who returned for a quick "help me!" search just now re: my increasing amount of fine frizz and flyaways at my scalp/roots, they are worse than ever and driving me crazy. It seems like I need to be using a PT? I have never done this before but I am broke and need something cheap! I'm sure this thread exists but I couldn't find it, I'd be grateful if you'd direct me to relevant posts or recommend some products. Thaks!
Originally Posted by Lochina
Either the gelatin treatment (see the DIY board) or the Colorful neutral protein filler from Sallys, comes in a small size for a few dollars. For the acronyms see the stickies on the newbies and general haircare boards.

Protein won't necessarily help flyaways at the roots, it works best for damaged hair not healthy virgin hair. Do you know what your hair properties and dew points are? See the 'Live Curly Live Free' website and the frizz forecast app on the main NC site/ free 'Curls on the Go' app if you have a smartphone.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect