Thanks for your replies!
I have downloaded the Curls on the go app, so I'm going to experiment with that. I'll take a look at the Gliss Kur conditioner as well, didn't know that there was a conditioner of Gliss Kur without tons of silicones, so that's great news

I won't go to the UK/London very soon, but I'll keep it in mind, it sounds great!
I know that there are silicones in the curl booster spray, but my question was more about the fact that I did get more curls from it (duh), but I found it so strange that I didn't get the same curling results with this method.
And I had already heard about the selfmade gelthinghy, am really going to try that out. Does it work as a gel and curl booster at the same time?

Again, thanks!
Originally Posted by Noedles
There's also drying alcohol as the second ingredient in that activator, that is worse than the silicone IMO. You can add magnesium sulphate (epsom salts) to flaxseed gel for more of a curl boost, but that can be drying so don't overuse it. I would make you recipe super simple initially, if you add multiple ingredients you won't know which works and which does not.

Magnesium Sulfate: Curly Friend or Foe?
Proteins: Why You Should Care
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect