You have said you want to kill yourself. That's very extreme. Do you really mean that, or you are saying it for effect?

If you really mean it, there is something going on not just with your hair, but with your mind and you should seek professional help.

On the other hand, if you are just saying you want to kill yourself for effect - as an exaggeration of how you really feel, and/or to simply draw people to this thread, that's not cool at all.
Originally Posted by Korkscrew
Thank you for saying this.
Originally Posted by someonestakara
No, I truly DO want to kill myself. I really have never cared about my appearance, but all of a sudden BAM I find everything about myself terrible.
Also, being with a popular friend that has hair that everyone loves brings me down so much. I sit there with a high ponytail that is dead and gross. I literally sit there ignored while she gets compliments on her straight and shiny hair.
Our school counselor does NOT help, and it's summer right now... My parents? I don't have a dad (well I did, but you know) and my mom chooses favorites with her kids.. I'm not one of them. I really have asked this question a million times and now this is where I finally snapped. I have tried to kill myself already. I keep failing. It's not an effect, it's how I truly feel.
Originally Posted by Wavy2Curly
Honey, PLEASE go get some help. I've been in your situation, and suffered for a long time because I didn't want anyone's help, which only made it worse. I've got major depressive disorder (very serious depression) and severe anxiety and have been battling both since seventh grade. I was suicidal for several years and even attempted suicide my senior year of high school. I'm begging you, GET HELP. ANYWHERE. Hell, I'll even give you MY phone number if you really have no one to talk to. There's light at the end of the tunnel. I promise. If I can do it, so can you. Chin up! I guarantee, you're a hell of a lot stronger and a hell of a lot more resilient than you give yourself credit for! GO GET HELP! NOW!!!!!