Okay it's really bothering me now...I need advice I washed again with my regular shampoo (Hello Hydration), used the Curl Defining Cream, let it dry. Then I put heat protectant in it and straightened it. I can't get the point across to my mom that it's buildup. She sees a difference when I show her pictures but she won't believe that buildup is the cause. She attributes it to my hair now being longer so it doesn't have as much volume, the fact that I stopped getting it cut into layers, the fact that it looks thinner when straight, etc. She even said it's cause I'm losing hair (my hair has been really tangly and a lot is coming out in the comb, it takes about 30 mins to comb it all out) Here's a before/after pic from one time I had buildup. Before and after I clarified. She saw such a difference but she attributed it to the Curl Defining Cream and thought that fixed it.

Before: picture Pictures, picture Images, picture Photos, picture Videos - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
After: picture Pictures, picture Images, picture Photos, picture Videos - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

She won't buy me a clarifying shampoo saying I have never in my life had to use a clarifying shampoo. So I'm forced to try to use the Herbal Essences Smooth Collection silicone free and it didn't work last time. Do I need to really massage it in and scrub harder?

Here's how it looked just a few months ago (December) when it was straight.
picture Pictures, picture Images, picture Photos, picture Videos - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Here's yesterday after I straightened it. This is not really the color of my hair. Everything looks off in this room for whatever reason. The walls aren't even that color.
picture Pictures, picture Images, picture Photos, picture Videos - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I went to sleep, woke up, and today my hair looks like this. I sleep on a satin pillowcase.

I'm really at a loss!! It looks so thin and gross! Please help