Thanks for the thoughtful response! I don't generally have a problem with frizz in the length of my hair and I never vary what I put in it--it's always Tress F/X from Ouidad. Really this question is about breakage/short hairs at my roots/scalp, which stick up and give me a "halo" of frizz. I'm hoping I can treat with protein or some other kind of DC, but was looking for advice for this specific problem.
Originally Posted by Lochina
We understand what you are asking, but unless you are willing to work with us we cannot help you. We need to know your dew points, hair properties and ideally full routine.

The solution to the problem depends on the cause and your hair properties/ dew points. Some people have breakage and frizz because they need more protein, some because they need less protein, some need more penetrating oils to reduce porosity, some have build up so need to clarify, some are using too many potent humectants in the wrong dews.

It's like asking a doctor to prescribe a cure but only tell them one symptom, you would expect them to ask you more questions/ run blood work/ check your blood pressure or suchlike before they make a diagnosis. Then when they have a diagnosis they might write you a prescription or suggest the right lifestyle modification.

HTH.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect