I do protective styling and used to co-wash my hair every two weeks, but never noticed any growth.

I did this because I would get product build up or my hair wouldn't get moisture. Also I didn't have time to take a day or two off just to do my hair.

It took me a while to finally realize why this kept happening and I decided to go a month without wash my hair and I did notice some improvement. I'm just wondering if its a bad thing and with me not washing my hair for a month I noticed I had product build up and such but it was the amount I get in 2 weeks time.
Originally Posted by BeautyisMiree
Sounds like your issue might be the products you're using in your hair. Some ingredients build up quicker than others and I personally have never had a conditioner that did a good job of removing buildup from my hair. even so called clarifying conditioners. If your hair doesn't seem to be growing it's probably breaking and the culprit could possibly be lack of moisture. buildup will lead to a lack of moisture. when was the last time you clarified your hair?
Originally Posted by adthomas
No it's not the products because I still use the products and I don't have much build up now. It's just that I didn't moisture my hair properly.

I guess my hair was growing during the times it's just that I didn't notice the growth because when I younger I would see the growth but that's because I didn't wash my hair for a good 3 months due to it being straighten.