I was kind of wondering if overconditioning was the culprit... I've noticed that when I tend to use richer conditioners/styling products, my hair and my curl pattern seem to suffer a bit.

I have done the gelatin PT before and I liked the results a lot. My main issue with that was actually just finding a schedule to do PT's; unfortunately I'm not very consistent with them and I can kind of tell. I blame school.
Originally Posted by dinoRAWRSyou
I hear you on not having time for PTs. Something that will help would be getting protein-rich conditioners as an RO and even leave-in. If you check the "protein-craving" section, there's a good thread on protein-rich conditioners. Try NG Biotin, Millcreek Keratin (strong) or Biotin, EO Keratin, Giovanni SaS, none of these have polyquats. People really like CJ Repair Me, I think I could use it as an RO.

The GVP K-Pac has an identical ingredients list to the Joico as it's a dupe for it. The thing with the Organix shampoo and w/s 'cone buildup is I just used that shampoo for the first time in months the other day, so the w/s 'cones have not been a staple in my hair routine.

So, do you think I should do another sulfate wash before trying to clear out polyquats & mineral oil from my products? I'm loathe to do it because I just did it... last week I think? And also, do you think that strictly cowashing could be causing over-moisturizing issues?
Yes I think you should sulfate wash to reset everything while moving forward. You can use the GVP CB + coconut oil + honey to DT afterward to put back moisture... or just leave the GVP CB longer in your hair in the shower.

Yes I think cowashing could be contributing to overmoisturizing issues... you can either cowash but cut back on the moisturizing RO and/or leave-in, or switch to regular low-pooing and keep the moisturizing (and protein-ing) RO and leave-in. The thing is if you cut back on RO and LI, but keep cowashing, you won't really be getting your regular protein fix, so yeah I guess I'd recommend low-pooing more regularly.

Edit; I'm thinking it definitely is a buildup issue. My previous stylers (KCCC and Garnier Pure Clean Gel) were both polyquat free and I had far less issues with frizz. Any other recs for polyquat-free stylers?
Everything in my siggy is polyquat-free. Look at kathymack's siggy and ask her for recs too! She has your properties. I'd highly recommend you try homemade flaxseed gel if you haven't already.
2BC/f/II. fine - low/normal porosity - medium density - normal elasticity.

Currently using:
Low-poo: Jason Mango bodywash
Cowash: Cure Care diluted with water 1:1
RO: Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime
Styler: UFD CM (old formula), FSG + CNPF
PT: IAgirl's gelatine

light moisture, hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646