Okay...Update. I got my hair cut. He trimmed it and cut it into long layers. The layers are very subtle which I like (unlike the obvious ones my previous hair stylist did) and it frames my face. He still kept the length I wanted and I love it! It still has a little frizz and damage but what a difference!!

So I want to get some new products. I told him how I was using Morrocan Oil products and noticed my hair is lightening (products my previous hair stylist gave me, on purpose I believe to keep me coming back to get it dyed) and he said it can do that especially if you go out in the sun after. I like the brown that is growing at the roots, I don't want blonde or blonde highlights. I want to steer clear of oils since they lighten hair but at the same time, I want it to be healthy (especially since I'm flat ironing). I prefer over the counter products, not high end quality. I'm on a budget. I thought about getting Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray as a heat protectant (assuming the smell isn't bad). Here's the ingredients for that. Tell me what you think. I want to make sure nothing will lighten my hair.

Water (Aqua, Eau), Amodimethicone, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Pvp, Polysorbate 20, Cetylphridinium Chloride, Dmdm Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium Edta, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexylcinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaoldehyde, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

I don't want to use the curl defining cream anymore but it makes it so healthy and the frizz is uncontrollable and awful without it. Is there something else I can use to control frizz? Do I even need to use a curl product since I'm wearing it straight? I was thinking about a Dove serum or mousse maybe? This would be right after I detangle before I straighten to control frizz and then I would use the heat protectant.

Also, I need a product to use after straightening to put the moisture back in. Any suggestions? Thanks everyone!