I think I may need a "low poo" once a week, since I do use a lot of oils on my hair. I used my kids aveeno head to toe wash to do a lather, rinse, repeat last night. It doesn't have sodiun lauraly sulfate in it but it did leave my hair very tangled and dry feeling. I did a deep conditioning treatment afterwards after with lots of coconut oil mixed in with my tresseme natural conditioner. I rinsed it out and let it dry overnight and this morning with no other product my hair is incredibly soft.

So I need some "low poo" suggestions for once weekly clarifying. My hair is coarse, thick, dense with 3A to 3B curls and I think medium to high porosity. I live in florida wich means hot and humid so high dewpoint I believe.

I am avoiding proteins and high humectants at the moment if that helps with suggestions. Although I suppose with a shampoo it mostly washes out so may not be as big of an issue.
Originally Posted by Ashleynicol
Conditioner shifts oils really well providing you use the right product (lightweight/ silicone and oil free), plenty of product, plenty of massage so you work up a light 'lather', maybe a soak, maybe repeat.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect