I havenít been exposing my hair to the sun recently though, and it still seems to happen. The only time it gets exposed is very short periods like walking in and out of the grocery store or stuff like that. It happened with Morrocan Oil Treatment and Healthy Sexy Hair It seems to be happening with the Curl Defining Cream too. All of these contain Argan Oil. Are you sure they contain very little oil? Iíve read that real Argan Oil is expensive and the products I use are around $40. Thatís expensive IMO.
Here is the site to the brand I use.
Products | Moroccanoil
Iíve read that natural oils strip hair dye so I assume since they strip color, they can strip natural color too but maybe Iím wrong. If itís not the oil, itís something in these products that is doing it. Iím sure of it.

Iím glad you noticed that, I did not even think about that. Youíre absolutely right! Thatís the only heat protection Iíve found that has had decent reviews so I think Iíll put it in and then wait like 2 hours and then flat iron. Would it still be effective? I definitely donít want to use an alcohol-based protectant, my hair is so dry already.

Iím not actually looking for moisture like water, I just mean something to make it look healthy after I straighten it. Afterwards, it seems like it is so dry and horrible looking. Do you have a silicone serum you would recommend? I looked up some Dove silicone serums but it seems they have all been discontinued

I guess I just donít get how other girls who have naturally curly hair can achieve perfectly straight healthy hair. I know they are using a lot of products but obviously not too many or else their hair would be weighed down. I just donít understand. Like the girl on the left in the picture below. Her hair is naturally curly and looks so healthy and she flat irons all the time. The only thing I can think of is because my hair has endured so much color damage. It has been bleached and gone through demi-permanent dye about 4-5 times. I will definitely look up wet wrapping tutorials.
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I may have potentially found a sulfate free shampoo that will work for me. Itís called LíOreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo. I havenít used it yet. My mom saw it in the store and bought it for me. The texture is thick and creamy and it smells AMAZING! Which says a lot cause Iím sensitive to smells. Hereís the ingredients. Let me know what you think please. It seems like a really good product. The only thing Iím worried about is of course any hair lightening and also I seem to be sensitive to natural ingredients. I have used AG and Aveda in the past which contain a lot of natural ingredients and my scalp itched like crazy. It was horrible. The Aveda was the worse, I never used it again. The AG I kept using and just sucked it up. But I mean the Healthy Sexy Hair contained a lot of natural ingredients and I didnít react to that so maybe Iíll be fine. I mean, the worst is an itchy scalp and then I just wash it out. Will this shampoo get out product buildup? I see Coco Betaine on the list but that was in the Healthy Sexy and it never got rid of buildup, only caused it. But then again, I used a very very tiny amount. I assume Líoreal brand isnít concentrated and I can use a regular amount of shampoo with no problem?
Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth-26, Decyl Glycoside, Amodimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, Hydrogenated Coconut Acid, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-7, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Ciliate, Propylene Glycol Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Isethionate, Carbomer, Benzoic Acid, Trideceth-6, Tocopherol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sodium Benzoate, Linalool, Cetrimonium Chloride, Camelina Sativa Oil/Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/Grape Seed Oil, Coumarin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

And lastly (Iím going to start a thread about this too) but I just want to mention this. I donít really care for my hair color with all the lightening and I donít want to dye it because of the dangerous chemical PPD as well as the damage. So there is this Aveda Conditioner called Black Malva which deposits color, enriching brown and black hair and eliminates red hues. Since my hair is light brown, Iím thinking it will make it a darker brown so I will be happy with it. My only concern of course is if I will react to the ingredients. Iíve reacted to Aveda before but it was a different product, BeCurly Shampoo which the ingredients for that are:

Aqueous (water/aqua/eau) Extract/Extrait Aqueux, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Sodium Coco/Babassu Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Babassuamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Galactoarabinan, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Palmamidopropyl Trimonium Methosulfate, Guar Hydroxpropyltrimonium Chloride, Dehydroxamthan Gum, Maltodextrin, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Eugenol, Geraniol, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid

Just realized the 4th ingredient is the 4th ingredient in the new shampoo Iím going to try, hope that isnít what I reacted to :/ Anyway, hereís the Black Malva ingredients:

Aqueous (Water, Purified) Extracts: Black Malva Extract, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Sweet Almond Extract, Wild Cherry Bark Extract, Organically Grown Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Copolyol, Glycerin, Behenamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Disteryldimonium Chloride, Babassu (Orbignya Oleifera) Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol, Stearyldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolzed Wheat Protein, Glyceryl Stearate Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Annatto (Colorant), Caramel (Colorant), Basic Brown 17 (Colorant), Basic Yellow 57 (Colorant), Basic Blue 99 (Colorant), Basic Red 76 (Colorant)