I am a 2c/3a in spots and I have noticed something. When I watch some of the girls videos on here, yall have curly hair from the minute that you step out of the shower in a matter of speaking. Mine is straight as a stick when I get done washing, and the minute that I take the plop off it is curly and then a few minutes later the hair goes slightly bendy. When it dries, it draws back up into a curl again. Is there something that I am doing wrong?
I co wash with Vidal Sassoon Color Protect Conditioner throw a bit of the Nothing But Curly CO Wash on for a leave in sometimes but tonight I didn't do that. I use CK as my curl gel which I just ran out of tonight but I have a trial size bottle of Ouidad Climate Control Humidity Gel so I can use that. I do a plop for a few minutes and then I take it down, put a bit of Garnier Fructis Leave in Smoothing stuff and then plop back up.
I am ordering some different products this week, because I have extremely thick hair. I can detangle my hair in the shower, when it is dry it is tangled again. I haven't used a hair brush in years. I dont use one at all even when I roll my hair. I actually threw my brush against the wall the other day when I got mad.
My husband used it but since he cut his hair off, and won't allow me to fix it for him I figured he didn't need the brush either so it worked out well. I think that maybe some lighter products would work, maybe stuff for fine hair because its made lighter and won't flatten my hair down? I am unsure about these things, I have looked over the website and there is so much information and I have learned about plopping and pineapples.
I have seen a difference in my hair over the past month but I just cant seem to figure out why it is straight when its wet and then shrinks when it dries. It doesn't even look like I am a curly headed person at all when my hair is wet. I have seen pictures of girls who have that crinkly curly look but I feel like I am posing as a curly girl LOL.
Should I just change products? I mean my hair has always done that, but I am wondering if I am using the wrong things to get my hair to shrink up.I dont care about shrink myself, I wouldnt mind if I looked like Shirley Temple. I also wonder if I might should cut some of the bottom of my hair off as bad as I don't really want to cut my hair. In the past six months, I have bleached my hair once. I dyed it back a natural color dark blonde, dyed it red because I wanted to go back pink and then used a veggie dye to get to Magenta Pink. After every single dye job, I condition and moisture like a madwoman. I also use the lowest volume developer possible so I don't damage my hair as much. I have a chubby face and a real short haircut wouldn't look really good. Not to mention it is almost to my bra strap right now and I hate to chop it all off. I was thinking maybe just working through this odd length waiting until it grows a bit more and just trimming until the damage is gone but the hair isnt damaged but I know that under this veggie dye is processed hair. My hair is in really good condition, I take excellent care of it. I was using Miracle 7 sulfate/paraben/and that other stuff free shampoo because it seemed to really help my hair to spring up some. Maybe my hair needs a shampoo of sorts? Maybe I need that low poo stuff? Help ladies and curly gents if there are any out there....