Well seeing as I do not use shampoo I can not say yes use MORE. I have always found Shampoo way to harsh for my hair. To clarify I use Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with water. I use a Cone free and paraben free conditioner. If I were using a conditioner with cones then my Apple Cider Vinegar cleanser would not be able to get rid of them. Now I am not sure what is in your conditioner if it does contain cones then a sulfate shampoo would needed to remove them as they build up layer upon layer and do not let moisture, proteins etc into the hair shaft because the cons basically fill in the gaps in the hair cuticle (they do not really contain anything moisuturizing for the hair). However I would suggest that you try to do an Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Cleanse. Check how you hair feels after that.

ACV restores the PH level of our hair, it helps to lay the cuticles of our hair down - so it basically closes the 'gaps' in the cuticle (versus filling them up), it can help detangle hair, makes hair shinny - because the gaps in the cuticle lay flat and therefore reflect light better (the list goes on!). Do a little research online in case you are interested to try.

I have not used heat on my hair in years so again I can not say yes use heat. Sorry I just do not feel comfortable telling people to do something that I would/do not do myself. In the past I use to use a hair dryer and I had a s*** flat iron that had no setting option apart from "burn" lol. So I am probably not the best person to ask about that.