Porous hair needs some protein to fill in the holes in the cuticle layer, and coarse hair doesn't mean no protein, it just doesn't need a lot or often if it isn't damaged. I've heard coarse curlies will often do well with silk protein or keratin protein when others simply leave their hair feeling like straw, but that varies from head to head.

The top 5 ingredients (after water) are what make up the majority of a product. The top 5 in that conditioner are mostly fatty alcohols which act as conditioning agents. The top 5 in the shampoo are mostly gentle surfactants (cleansers). My fine to medium hair loves protein, so ymmv, but those aren't what I'd consider highly proteined products.

I'd say that if you've been using that shampoo and conditioner for over a year without issue, there's no real reason to change now. When your hair has had too much protein it'll feel dry or straw-like. So just watch for those things and incorporate a protein free conditioner or dt when your hair needs additional moisture. This page may be helpful.
CG since 11/2011
2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Autumn Products /Routine:
Clarifying: ACV rinses, Suave Professional Men Deep Clean Peppermint
Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C, VO5 KLS, Cure Care
Stylers: FSG, L'Oreal Studio Clean gel, Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel
PT: IAGirl's as needed