View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #12
curlytwirlykate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessMess View Post
It sounds to me like your hair may be lo-po through and through, but it behaves differently based on whether it's "virgin" lo-po or "damaged" lo-po.

Re. your roots, are you a co-washer? Working on your technique may help get them saturated in the shower. You're supposed to vigorously massage your scalp/roots with the pads of your fingers. With the right co-wash, that should lift the cuticle to get both water and moisture in.
Thanks for the feedback, Jess! According to the analysis I just had done (just had the phone interview yesterday!), my roots ARE low-po, and my length/tips are high-po. So... there we go.

And yes, I am a cowasher. I co-wash pretty much daily, and will spend much of my 3-minute shower massaging with my finger pads. It works great, but the hair doesn't really absorb much (water, condish, product... whatever!). But the virgin hair doesn't really have an issue, either. It feels great and moisturized always, regardless of if I've co-washed or not, or if I've saturated the hair or not! It's a good problem to have... I expect that my hair will be rather low-maintenance when it's all virgin.

What I'd love is for the lighter products which work great on my roots to work well throughout! But after experimenting for a few days, I think I finally found it! I tried a homemade FSG -- which hasn't worked well for me in the past, but I made it really thin and added gelatine. It's AMAZING so far!

Thanks for the help, all!

Shower Time!
Treat: EVCO
Co-Wash: DE Unscented Condish with added lavender and tea tree EOs
Condish: DE Coconut Condish with added local honey

Styling
After Shower: Homemade FSG with added gelatine

+ bi-weekly protein DIY treatments (gelatin and egg yolk)
+ mindful nutrition
curlytwirlykate is offline   Reply With Quote