There are a lot of variables, from your lifestyle to weather conditions to hair. The Devachan salons may well have a controlled environment, air conditioning maintaining a fixed temperature and humidity level.
Originally Posted by Firefox7275
Yes, that was what I was thinking exactly. It seems like an add and you never know what happens behind the screens. However... I did an internet search for pictures of Lorraine Massey and she just looks amazing in every single one of them.

That makes me wonder. In her book she does not mention things like dew point, porosity or coarse/fine at all. Still she has amazing hair. The fact that she does not mention these makes me think she doesn't regard them as important? Or am I wrong there?

Yes I did. I've seen really beautiful women with the most beautiful curls. I just wonder if people can maintain frizzfree hair for any prolonged period of time.
Originally Posted by _Eva_
I think Lorraine Massey sees all curly hair as porous, which it is not. I imagine she does her hair shortly before most photos or videos are done, she might then be in a climate controlled salon or studio or car much of the time. Perhaps her hair clumps easily, naturally or perhaps it's because she's been styling and cutting her own hair this way so long she is really in tune with it.

Jessica McGuinty from Jessicurl always looks good too, both ladies have a strong and neat curl pattern. I often wonder if it's those at the extremes who struggle most - weak wavies, very dry, very low porosity for example. I haven't read it, but some of the regulars here prefer the Live Curly Live Free e-book to Curly Girl.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect