I just find it so strange that my hair looked more moisturized when I used more agressive and bad ingredients in my hair care. Here's one of the ingredient lists of one of the product of the brand I used:

What can I do best? Maybe I should try a conditioner with watersolutable silicones? Maybe I should try oils to seal? I'm just thinking I need more sealing since my hair looked more curly (more frizzy too though, that's the reason too why I began with the experimenting) when I used silicones. Anyone with me or having better advice or tips?
Originally Posted by Noedles
What do you mean by moisturised? If you mean shine then that is nothing to do with moisture (= water) in the cortex, that is either to do with a healthy cuticle laying flat or a layer of plastics of other ingredients coating your hair - faux shine and slip is exactly what silicones are designed to do. Actually hair that contains too much moisture will swell and frizz, it won't shine.

What are you using at present? Did you try hydrolysed protein or magnesium sulphate for curl boost? Protein can also help the cuticle lay flat and give shine. That Gliss Kur is all over Europe not UK only or I wouldn't have mentioned it.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect